Sunday, December 5, 2010

TBE #20

I FINALLLLLLY FINISHED THE BOOOOOK! WOOHOOOOO!!!

It's a good book!

The chapter that starts on page 164, was very confusing at first. They were talking about a misanthrope and how he only loved inanimate objects. I did not understand how it ties in wit hthe story but towards the end of the chapter it talks about how he is a psychic and peopel come to him for answers and how he can grant wishes. Then as I was reading page 173, and she says "My eyes...I want them blue." Then I realized it was Pecola. After reading this book I think she deserves it. She had to lie with her father raping her and getting her pregnant and her abusive mother who never believed her. The chapter before the last chapter is about Claudia and Freida selling seeds to people in order to get a new bike. They would ring on doorbells and get invited inside and tell Pecola's story. I don't get why they would do this then all of a sudden tell each other that they will pray for Pecola's baby to live and pray for Pecola. They also said they were going to give up their new bicycle and bury the money they earned so they can let God know they were being serious about it. IT was a sudden switch. But I think it was sweet of them to do it. In the last chapter it's just a conversation between two people but it seemed unreal liek a dream. I think it was Pecola as if she had blue eyes but I don't know who the other person is. Then it foes back to a narrator and tells us how no one can even look at Pecola anymore. She is also poor looking through garbages. This is a sad story. What's the moral of the story? I think it's that we should appreciate what we have because others have it ten times worse and nothing gets better for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment