Sunday, June 13, 2010

WHAT is the WHAT # 2

As I was reading page 30, I realized it was stream of consciousness as he was talking to the TV Boy in his mind and telling his thoughts. Valentino tells many of his life events which are most likely allegories. When Valentino is telling TV Boy the story of the lion who ate one of his people(page 31), onomatopoeia is presented to intensify the scene. I'm not sure how this story is supposed to relate to the TV boy but there is some symbolism in the story, i'm just not so sure about what it is. On page 32 there's an enjambment when Valentino is continuing on with his lion story. He says, "..without him we would have lost many more boys, to lions and bombs and thirst," to show the enthusiasm for Dut Majok who saved many boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment