Wednesday, June 30, 2010
WHAT is the WHAT #6
I think that the line "You want to believe that you can see, but you see nothing," on page 96 in the first paragraph is an important line to this novel but I think I have to read the whole book to completely get it. On page 98, when Valentino(Achak) was telling his story I felt like I was him. It made me nervous and on the last paragraph it was stream of consciousness, which also made me more anxious to find out what happens to him. O page 103, when Valentino and the peoplehe stayed with encountered a man of Manyok Bol's militia, I thought they were going to be killed. The man's tone seemed so serious and makes me believe that he is right about them about to be killed if they keep going ahead. On page 107, Valentino is so angry and frustrated with the problems that keep coming to him. There's a repetition on the word "Damn," as he lets out his anger. It seems like he has given up on everything at this point. On page 116 I realized that the allegory continues in no order. Sometimes he is talking in present tense then all of a sudden he speaks about his past.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment