Monday, July 19, 2010
WHAT is the WHAT #7 *revised
On page 119 when Dut is trying to convince Achak that Marial Bai is destroyed and no one is there anymore, his tone is assuring and convincing. Also on page 119 is a simile, "Deng very small for his age, with a head far too big for his frail construction, his ribs visible and slende r like the bones in the wing of a bird," which made it very easy to visualize. On page 120, Valentino tells Michael a story of boys who seemed fortunate but were not so blessed, and this story makes me realize that everyone has imperfections and struggles even if their lives seem so perfect. I think he blue dog represents something important because it appears on page 125 then shows up again on page 147. The color blue could be a representation of saddness but when I think of blue I also think of sky blue which is bright and makes me happy. i'm not sure what the blue dog means.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment