Wednesday, July 21, 2010

WHAT is the WHAT #10

On page 198, when Valentino speaks of a boys death, he says, "when his head touched the tree, the life in him would fall away and his flesh would return to the earth." Its euphony makes it seem less mournful and more like a celeration of the cycle of life. When Achak was describing the night he saw a tank and the rumbling of the earth, i was nervous for him because it was so intensifying. The way he was telling us how he did not know what to do and how he just had to run for his life made it so scary. As I was reading page 200, I noticed that he thinks of similies that are nto likely to be thought of..like when he says, "I had been running at top speed and then I was stopped, stuck like an insect in the silk of a spider."

No comments:

Post a Comment