On page 25 I found alliteration, assonance, and consonance in one sentence: "sometimes, my entire childhoos seems Like one Long Lazy summer day with Hassan, chasing each other between Tangles of Trees in my father's yard, playing hide-and-seek, cOps and rObbers, cowboys and indians, insect torture-with our crowning achievement undeniably the time we plucked the stinger off a bee and tied a string around the poor thing (ooh and internal rhyme) to yanK it bacK every time it tooK flight." Verbal irony was present on pages 28-29 because Amir teases Hassan and says, "'Let's see. 'Imbecile.' It means smart, intelligent...'when it comes to words, Hassan is an imbecile.'" On page 46, Amir mentions circumcision and I never really knew how much pain it was until I read the simile, "But when the numbing medicine wore off later that night, it felt like someone had pressed a red hot coal to my loins." OUCH!
btw, im on page 200 but I don't want to go over the limit of 50 - 100 words (I already did but I don't want to make it way too long) so i'll just blog like maybe twice a day to keep up with my reading, LOL.
Friday, August 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment