Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Their Eyes Were Watching God #1
As I read the first page I really didn't know what the author was talking about. I know it's really significant because it doesn't tell the whole truth abotu the whole story. It most likely foreshadows an event in the future. I also noticed that Time was capitalized and the sun was personified as it "has left his footprints in the sky. Maybe the sun is a metaphor for God? I'm not sure. I read up ro page 35 and it still confuses me. All I know is Janie is trying to find real love and marriage. Their diction makes it hard to understand. On page 25, it says, "So janie waited a bloom time, and a green time, and an orange time," and I really don"t know what she means. I tried analyzing it like green is the color of envy and money..oh and life! and orange..I just think of the orange fruit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment