I finallllly finished the book!!!!!!!!!!!! woohooo!!!
On 326 amir says," I can hear the smile in her words," he meant he can hear the happiness thourgh her tone (imagery). When Amir meets up with Raymond Andrews, Amir is upset that Raymond has an attitude and I thought, "was he being racist," but it turns out that the tragedy of his daughter reflects his personality. "In Kabul, hot running water had been like fathers, a rare commodity," is a depressing simile. On page 250 when Amir's mother says, "They only let you be this happy if they're preparing to take something from you," also foreshadows amir's happiness in being able to adopt Sohrab but soon finds out that he has cut himself, causing him to lose a lot of blood. Ob page 347, the second paragrapgh is full of imagery and I caught myself having a hard time breathing as I read it. But it was a happy ending as Sohrab smiled when Amir flies the kite and cuts off the green one :D
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment