OMG I finally finished the book! So boring!!!!!!
So there's a simile on page 103 and i'm not sure it it's supposed to be a pleasant comment, aha. Tea Cake says, "Ah been wishin' so bad tuh git mah hands in yo' hair...It feels jus' lak underneath uh dove's wing next to mah face." I would'nt want any birds wing in my face! On page 114 I'm not sure what Janie is trying to say in her simile. She says, " Ah justlak uh chicken. Chicken drink water, but he don't pee-pee." Is she trying to say that when she recieves or has something or someone, she does not want to let it go? IDK. On page 117 I thought I noticed dramatic irony when Tea Cake did not come back and her money was missing because in the beginning of the story, it seems like it was not the beginning, it was the end of the story but then when I read the last pages..I thought maybe that's just what people assumed. I never heard the overstatement, "You done hurt mah heart, now you come wid uh lie tuh bruise mah ears," on page 137. On page 160 it says, " They seemed to be staring at the dark. but their eyes were watching God. " Ithought maybe they were saying God is invisble because during the hurricane he was not there to help them at the time. So Janie finally foudn the love of her life but then he dies, and with that, she died too, but not literally, just emotionally.
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment