Monday, August 9, 2010

The Kite Runner #3

I'm actally on page 313 but i'm behind on blogging =/

on page 61, Amir's simile, "I felt his glare on me like the heat of a blistering sun," made me think that ther relationship with his father is horrible. Amir wants to make his father so proiud that he's super nervous for the kite tournament. As I was readin the last parapragh where Hassan encourages Amir, I thought to myself, "I wish I had the confidence of Hassan." On page 97, the personificatoin of "his eyes betrayed him," makes me disgusted that Assef is so fake. On page 101 I wondered why winning the tournament was so important to Baba..was it because Hassan was Amir's partner? the simile, "The husband's face had become as pale as the moon hovering above," proves the husband's pain when the Russian wanted to have sex with his wife. On page 136, I noticed the alliteration because of the repetition of S in the sentence, "I used to tell Hassan that Someday we'd walk on a Strip of Seaweed-Strewn beach, Sink our feet in the Sand, and ..."
There's a lot of personification in this book like on page 214 when he personifies time as a greedy thing, steals all tehj details for itself. I'm still trying to figure out what that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment